Here are ten things I’ve learned in my editorial adventures over the last week.
1. Foolhardy is one word.
2. Matter-of-factly is hyphenated.
3. Weeble is a product name, not just a fun word to say.
4. Scot-free, is spelled with one t, not two like “Scott-free.”
5. Amuck can either be spelled this way or as amok.
6. No-show is hyphenated.
7. Our nation’s capital is punctuated this way: Washington, D.C.
8. According to the Chicago Manual of Style, abbreviations for organizations don’t need periods if they are in all capital letters. Example: World Health Organization, WHO.
9. In Trojan Horse, both the t and h are capitalized.
10. When not emphasizing a specific time, use words instead of numerals. Example: Let’s meet around ten thirty.
One thought on “Editorial Brain Dump #1”
Editorial Brain Dump #1 | Grammar Party
fitflop sale online http://www.fitflop-sandal.com